Local Scouts play an important role in maintaining our park - from volunteering for special community days, to coordinating service projects, and more. We are currently working on designing and implementing a badge program - stay tuned for updates. Local troops are welcome to volunteer with the Watershed - and, partner with us for Eagle and Gold Scout Projects. We will be creating an application form - for now, applicants should fill out a project interest form and email email@example.com with a one page statement of purpose - introducing themselves, their project of choice, a plan of action, and any other relevant information.
List of Available Projects
- Restoration of Observation Tower- in progress
- Placement of Bat Boxes, restore placement of Purple Martin House - possibly in progress
- Restore, replace and improve stairs to Mediation Grove
- Address drainage issues near and around the Amphitheater and entrance
- Create Signage (like the snake signs for other wildlife found in around WNC) Insects, Birds, Amphibians, Mammals
- Build shelving in kitchen area in the WNC building
- Build an outdoor Shed next to the center on the north side to hold and house supplies and tools
- Create a composting bin/area on south side of Center
- Bees at the Watershed- Hives and other habitat for a variety of beneficial bees and wasps
- Adopt the Bird Boxes at the Watershed- maintenance, placement, logging and upkeep of all bird boxes at WNC
- Nesting Island cleanup and planting
- Organize a Scout Cleanup Day at the Watershed
We are looking for dedicated volunteer scouts, educators, or leaders to help us develop our badge program. Currently, we are exploring a citizen science badge with our local girl scouts.